The Scott County Recycling Center is located at 735 Scott High Drive in Huntsville, near the Scott County Justice Center. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Saturday.
JANUARY 2011: 31.19 tons of recyclable items collected.
• Cardboard and paperboard (must be clean, free from oils, paint, etc.)
• Sorted white or colored office paper
• Newspapers and their inserts
• Mixed paper (magazines, books, junk mail, etc.)
• No. 1 and No.2 plastic bottles (must be empty and without lids. Bottles that have contained oils or chemicals are not accepted.)
• Household appliances
• Aluminum cans (no reimbursement)
• Used oil (must be free of water, mud and debris)
• Automotive batteries
• Scrap steel and tin (no reimbursement)
• Tires (off the rim; 4 per year per driver's license holder. $1 charge per tire after 4)
Items Not Currently Accepted
• Large amounts of building materials
• Household furniture